More Mature, More Fit and Amazing!




Most people who do Ironman triathlons think at some point how great it would be to do Hawaii. Not everyone can do Hawaii, because you have to qualify at one of the many Ironman events around the world. This year I have two good friends that are going to Hawaii and both qualified this year at events in the US.
The reason I wanted to write about them is because both of these guys are 56 years old. They both could beat guys half their age and do beat guys half their age in triathlon events. My friend Bill has gone to Hawaii several times. He qualified this year at Eagleman Half Ironman. He did something like a 4:45! Scott my other friend just recently qualified for Kona for the first time at IM Louisville. Congratulations to them both! I have been thinking about the fact that they are both so fit at their age. Then I started thinking about myself. I feel more fit than I ever felt 20 years ago. I know that as a sport triathletes tend to get into the sport later in life. So I can understand why triathletes start the sport later in life. Then I began to think about it a little more in depth. I have a client who is 57. She recently lost 24 pounds and recently said she is in better shape then when she was in her 20's. Her before and after photo at the top of the page.
She is now training for a 1/2 marathon. Who would think that at 57 someone could do their first half marathon. Well they can! Annette got her great results by following the
Real Results program. You can find out more about it at www.realresultsfitness.com.
I guess I wanted to talk about it because so many people think that because they are old it is too late. It is NEVER too late to get in shape and feel better. In your head it may be too late but your body can do amazing things. You need to have the right frame of mind and be dedicated to your goals. I have another client that is probably around Annette's age but I am not sure because she has never told me her exact age. She is by FAR the strongest female client I have and stronger than most of the men I train. She also recently has lost 15lbs and looks amazing. So when you think that you cant do something because you are too old then think again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Read Those Labels Carefully, You Might Be Missing Something