- Studies show that people that track their food intake have greater success with weight loss. Track your food intake each day EVEN if you have a bad day! Use simple phone applications to make it easy. I like myfitnesspal! Make sure to pay attention to all indicators not just calories. Watch things like protein, sugar, fat, sodium, and fiber. Fiber will keep you feeling full and more satisfied and the goal should be between 20-30 grams a day!
- Plan your week of meals on Sunday. Prepare food for several days so you don't grab bad choices at the last minute. Place each meal in individual containers.
- Don't have unhealthy food choices in your house and this means even if you have kids. People often tell me they snack on their kids food sometimes when nothing else is available or because its easy. Why would you want to feed your children junk? Keep healthy choices around the house for you and your kids!
- Manage your time. Use lunch hour to get a walk or run in. Include kids on your walk or bike ride in the evening or on weekends.
- Track your water intake and ensure you are getting enough each day. Start with a full gallon of water and strive to finish it by the end of the day. Don't just estimate and assume you are drinking enough.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Simple Tips to Slim Down
Here are some easy things you can do to ensure success with your weight loss goals: