I'm Here to Win - Great Book!

A week ago I was in the bookstore on a break from work looking for the follow-up book to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I only went into the bookstore for that book and I saw Chris McCormacks new book, I'm Here To Win.  Chris McCormack is a professional triathlete that recently won Kona in 2010 and also did in 2007. I decided to get the book and check it out.  I am not a huge fan of any professional triathlete in particular but I thought maybe he had something interesting to say.  When I told a few people I bought his book and was going to start reading it they said, "oh he is pretty cocky and full of himself."  I thought, well I am gonna read it and see what he has to say.  I must say it has been a really great book.  He has some great stories about his training in the beginning of his career.  Some of the stories  I have experienced myself even as an age group competitor.  I was amazed to see that even at his level he sometimes has some of the same feelings I have experienced while racing.  He also gives great advice to anyone who has trained for an Ironman or is thinking about training for an Ironman.  Lastly, I think after reading the book you may see why people think he is cocky and arrogant.  He is just plain honest unlike most people at his level.  He tells it like it is and I think that is the best anyone can do.  I can't stand people that say things that everyone wants to hear.  Chris McCormack is not someone who will tell you what you want to hear and because of that people may find him arrogant.  I would suggest if you are a fan of his or not you pick up the book and read it. I guarantee you will come away with some good advice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Read Those Labels Carefully, You Might Be Missing Something