Short Run, Swim

Today was an early day for me. I had more done by 9am than most people get done all day. I was up at 3 and done running with my dogs by 4. I fed the dogs, had some coffee, and 1/2 a bagel with peanut butter and jelly. Then I was off to train my first clients of the day. I ran a total of only 6 miles today because I had a terrible headache, which I have had since Sunday. I took migraine medication and a 2 hour nap. After that I felt a 100 times better and trained another client. Then I went to swim at my favorite outdoor pool.

I trained 3 clients from 5-6am. One of them is training for her first triathlon in September. Her husband is training for the same race but I don't train him. It is so important to have your partner support you in all of your fitness goals. I find in my experience it is usually the opposite. A great example is sleeping in rather than opting for a scheduled bike ride. I am sure it is great to sleep in with your husband on Sunday but then again who signed up for the triathlon? I also am training a couple for a race in August. They are supposed to do strength training with me on Friday mornings (both of them) and at times they snooze through the alarm. They should be pushing each other out of the BED. It drives me nuts. I also train several women who are trying to lose weight. Their significant other drives through the drive through and orders them a hamburger! I could go on and on.

It is so important to support your partner in their health and fitness goals. As long as they are trying to be healthy, why would you want to sabotage them? Support them and don't influence them in a negative way because you might be jealous of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

My Top Training Product Picks