My Supplement List

People who know me as Coach Cyndee do not realize before my coaching years I worked almost 20 years in the supplement industry.  I have several supplements I take regularly and some I add in when I'm training more.  Since I am mostly Vegan I look for supplements that are vegan and thankfully it's become much easier to find them!

I take a general multiple vitamin  called Vegan Vitality.  You can purchase it on Amazon Vegan Vitality

There are many multiple vitamins you can choose from.  I chose this one because I didn't want to have to take a lot of pills and I wanted a simple vitamin that covered all the basis without adding stuff I really didn't need.  This one was also Vegan and that is what I was looking for.

I take NOW brand of PQQ Energy formula. This product provides PQQ,  Acetyl L-Carnatine, B-12, and CoQ10,  This product is good for energy and provides antioxidant benefits.  PQQ Energy

Phosphatidyl Serine is another supplement I take. It helps control cortisol levels and is great for brain support.  I take this when my training load increases because as you increase training your body can increase its product of a stress hormone called cortisol.  PS helps to keep cortisol under control and will help with your recovery during times of intense training.  Doctors Best PS

Source Naturals Wellness Formula is a great supplement to boost your immune system and keep you protected.  I used to only take this during cold/flu season however since COVID I take one of these everyday.  If I think I'm coming down with something I will take 2 a day.  SN Wellness Formula

I take Vitamin D3 with K2 in a vegan form.  Most vitamin D comes from fish however the formula I take does not contain fish.  Vitamin D is great to improve calcium absorption and also helps to boost your immune system.  K2 is great to help assist with calcium absorption and improve bone density.  

Turmeric is a great supplement for decreasing inflammation.  Turmeric should not be taken at the same time you take caffeine or iron.  I take mine at night before I go to bed and I take a chewable form of turmeric made by Garden of Life.  Life Extension also makes a great product that contains nutrients to assist with absorption.   The key to taking it is to make sure you take it with the right ingredients that will help with its absorption, take a good quality supplement and don't take it with anything that will inhibit the absorption.  GOL Turmeric

Probiotics are essential to ensure you have good gut health.  What does that mean?  If you take all your supplements but your gut is not healthy and you don't absorb them then you are wasting your money.  Invest in a good probiotic to ensure your gut is healthy.  I use doTERRA's PB Assist PB Assist

doTERRA makes another good product that I take called Mitomax.  It's an energy supplement that works great to improve cellular energy without making you feel nervous.   Lots of other energy supplements contain ingredients that act as a stimulant and will make your heart race and make you jittery.  Mitomax won't make you jittery or nervous and won't drain your adrenal glad like most energy supplements.  doTERRA Mitomax

Omega's are another essential supplement that everyone should take.  Most of them come from fish oils but since I am vegan I prefer to take non fish based Omega's.  I use Ovega-3 which is a plant based alternative.  Ovega-3

While Iron is not needed for everyone I do take it a few times a week because I am female and a vegan.  Iron can be hard on your stomach and makes some people constipated.  I take Solgar Gentle Iron which is an iron that is easier on the digestive system and I have never had a problem with it. Gentle Iron

Mezotrace is a multi-mineral I take when I am training a lot.  You can loose a lot of minerals through excessive sweating so I always supplement with a trace mineral complex like Mezotrace.  Mezotrace

Calcium is important more so for women than men.  It's important to find a calcium that is absorbed good and it's important to take magnesium, and vitamin d to help with absorption.   You can  find many good bone builder supplements that have these added or like me you can choose to take them separately.  Calcium

I take a few different supplements to help with sleep. They are both made by Natural Factors and called Pharma Gaba and Tranquil Sleep.  I alternate between these products because I feel they work better for me when I change them out every 2-3 weeks.  I'll take one for a few weeks then stop that one and take the other one.  If you have a really serious problem with sleep then you can take both of them together.  Pharma Gaba is great if you have trouble falling asleep because you have too much on your mind. It helps to settle the brain down so you can sleep.  Pharma Gaba Tranquil Sleep

CBD has become so popular in the past few years.  I take the CBD Gummies made by Crooked Cactus.  I like this product and I also sell this product.  The Gummies in particular are great for chronic inflammation, pain reduction, and improved sleep.  Crooked Cactus

It's important to make sure you are not duplicating certain vitamins in different formulas you might be taking.  Many vitamins are water soluble and it's not a big deal to get excess amounts however there are some that you shouldn't get too much of.  For instance zinc is in many supplements and you really don't want to take more than 100mg a day because it can inhibit other minerals if you take too much.  

Some nutrients such as iron and turmeric shouldn't be taken with caffeinated products like coffee.  Vitamin C will help enhance iron absorption so  I take it with orange juice.  

It's so easy to do a little research to ensure you are not wasting your money when you take supplements.  If you want to purchase any of the doTERRA supplements you can find them on my site at Coach Cyndee's doTERRA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Los Cabos 70.3 Relay Recap