Thursday, May 3, 2012

Some Good Ones and Some Bad Ones

My Ironman training is finally coming to an end.  This week is one last big week of training and then taper time!  I can't wait.  If you read my last post you know I had a really rough day last Friday for my long run.  Fortunately this time I am going to talk about a great training day.  Two days after my horrible run I had a great 100 mile ride followed by a 6 mile run.  All in all I felt great for that workout.  My nutrition was right on, my body was feeling good and it showed on my run pace. After I rode 100 miles I managed to do 6 miles at an 8:19 pace. I was pleased and only hope to feel that good after my 112 miles on Ironman day.  Who knows why some days you feel so good and some days you don't.  I always try to analyze it but never have come up with any specific reason or thing I do on good or bad days.  All I know is I can't wait till May 20th.  My Ironman is May 19th! 
After my Ironman (2 weeks) I have Escape From Alcatraz which should be less pressure and more fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment