My most recent challenge was for each client to find something to add to their daily routine. Something that can improve their health and fitness either mentally or physically. I am positive that being healthy mentally can be a large part of your physical health. My clients were surprised that I was not telling them to remove something from their diet for this new challenge. For some people telling them what they can't have right off the bat does not work. So when trying to live a healthy lifestyle think about things you can add to your routine to help your physical and mental health. Keep in mind when doing this be specific. If adding food or fluids make sure you provide how much. When adding cardio, sleep etc. be specific in your goals. Here are a few examples:
- Drink more water - provide a specific amount and make your goal realistic. If you currently don't drink any water then drinking a gallon a day might not be realistic.
- Get more sleep. If you only get 5 hours on average increasing by one hour a night is huge. Is it enough.......no but again small steps and make it realistic.
- Eat more vegetables - specific amount.
- Eat smaller more frequent meals.
- Add more cardio or just add cardio if you are not doing it.
- Add stretching or foam rolling to your routine.
- Increase fruit each day.
- Take a multiple vitamin.
- Walk your dogs - I personally love this one!
- Add weight training.
- Add more protein.
Train Hard and Have Fun!