Stay Healthy During Cold/Flu Season

It's the time of year when the season changes and people end up getting sick.  I take supplements regularly but this time of year I add a few to help me stay healthy.  Some thing that can make you more susceptible to getting sick are:
  • overtraining 
  • drinking alcohol
  • lack of sleep
  • poor diet
  • poor gut health
  • allergies that are not controlled
  • stress
  • some medications
  • smoking 
  • dehydration 
If you are training for a major event like a marathon or ironman then it is essential to make sure all the other factors on the above list are in check.  You should ensure you are getting enough sleep and eating healthy.  Staying hydrated and avoiding alcohol and reducing stress are also helpful to staying healthy.  

I like to add a few supplements during cold and flu season to ensure I stay healthy.  Supplements that I take year around include:
  • Multiple Vitamin
  • Vitamin D and K
  • Omega-3
  • Turmeric
  • B-complex
  • Probiotic 
  • MetaPwr Mito2Max by doTERRA
  • Life Extension Vegan Collagen (I take all supplements that are vegan)
  • A sleep supplement either CBD or CBN gummies, Tranquil Sleep, Life Extension NuroMag, or Pharmagaba. I usually alternate these I take one for a few months then switch to another. I find by rotating them they work better. 
I add a few supplements in the fall and spring:
  • Wellness Formula by Source Naturals
  •  Vitamin C or EmergenC
  • doTERRA Meta Power Recharge

If I feel like I am coming down with something I will get Zicam nose swabs and the dissolving tablets.  I find if you take these at the first sign of getting sick they will ward it off or it won't last that long or be that severe.  I also always take allergy medicine if I have allergies because when you don't control your allergies you lower your immune system and become more susceptible  to colds, flu and sinus infections. 

Stay Healthy!

Coach Cyndee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ironman Tattoo

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

Healthy Habits For A Healthy Lifestyle